Friday, June 22, 2012

Fashion Fuschia

Okay, these are more pink and purple than fuschia, but the alliteration was too cute to pass up! :)

My friend V had another job interview, so she came by the night before for a manicure to match her clothes. I tried taking a picture of this fabric in a half-dozen different lighting situations and couldn't get the color to come out accurately, but this lighting came pretty close.


We hit my swatch sticks to match up colors and we got the closest match with China Glaze Reggae to Riches and L'Oreal Violet. I experimented with a few different patterns on a swatching wheel before we decided what to go with. I tried using a straw to get the half-circles but while I would have liked the result for a playful manicure, it didn't really come out looking professional, so we decided against it for a job interview. I also tried to do some freehand curves, and that just was a total nail fail. We decided it was better to match the geometric starkness of the stripes rather than try to replicate the curves, so we went with a striping tape mani.

I started with a base coat of Milani Whitest White, then laid down some striping tape on a diagonal. L'Oreal Violet on the cuticle end of the nail, China Glaze Reggae to Riches on the tip, and China Glaze Liquid Leather in a stripe between the striping tape strips. Macro pictures are not forgiving to precision nail art, but it looked pretty darned good in real life!












No comments:

Post a Comment