Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Batteries Not Included

The only thing better than nail mail is surprise nail mail! Well, I knew I had placed an order from Spooky Bones for an upcoming exchange in my birthday group (not telling which month it's for, of course! ;) but I had totally forgotten that I'd ordered a polish for myself at the same time! Wasn't *that* a pleasant surprise?? Of course, I had to pop it on my nail the very next day. Copper Top "Batteries Not Included" is a gorgeous copper, of course, with every shape of copper glitter you could possibly think of thrown in there. Several sizes of hexes, bars, diamonds, and flakes! As one of the pictures shows, the diamonds (at least) are holographic. All I know is that it's gorgeous. Although I will admit to having a preference for glitters in clear polish rather than tinted - I dislike having the glitters covered in the polish color.

To go with this gorgeous polish, I started with a base of 2 coats of Pure Ice Gold Mist. I added one coat of Copper Top on my nail and ring fingers, and then using a striper brush and a dotting tool, added the design on the rest of the nails in China Glaze Harvest Moon. I've gotten a lot of compliments on this one around the office.


I love the way this mani shines at different angles. It doesn't have to be a duochrome to enjoy the play of light on a glitter!

  

What are your favorite Indie polish companies? Do you have a ♥-on for any of the lesser-known ones? (Like Windestine or Victoriana as opposed to Lacquistry or Cult Nails?)


  

No comments:

Post a Comment