Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Quilted Rainbow

One of my co-workers is a quilting fanatic. I could almost say she makes more quilts than I do manicures, but since it only takes me a few hours to do a manicure, that would be a bit of an exaggeration. :) I've been trying to think of a way to do quilt blocks on my nails for ages, especially since she occasionally looks at my nails and says, "Oooh that looks like a quilt!" Well, here are my quilt block nails for LL!


Each nail has two colors on it, done with the plastic wrap technique. The thumb has China Glaze Innocence and Cranberry Splash. Index finger has Sinful Colors Unicorn and Orange Cream. The middle finger is Wet N Wild Stand the Test of Lime and Zoya Logan. The ring pinwheels have a base of Sinful Colors Cinderella and Neptune, while the pinky fingers have Rimmel I Lilac You and the sparkly lavender end of Revlon Moonstruck. I used Sinful Shine Dark Room along with a little polish thinner to draw the lines and blocks with a tiiiiny nail art brush, and voila! Quilt blocks on my nails!

And now for the picture spam!






1 comment: