Monday, September 16, 2013

MSMD Chocolate & Caramel

I don't always have a Monkey See, Monkey Do, though most of my manicures can tip their hat to someone for giving me the idea, but this post was completely based on Spektor's Nails manicure which looked to me like someone drizzled chocolate and caramel on top of a piece of candy. I just had to have it on my own nails for a few days!


Mine came out more blobby than hers did, mostly due to my lack of patience, but I loved it all the same, and all my co-workers thought they were amazing. I started with a base of Finger Paints Don't Make a Scene (it's my only basic tan color - I really need to get a few more in that shade range) and used Barielle Aura Angora and Sinful Colors Coffee for the spun sugar lines.






And now for something completely different...or, you know, other people's Monkey See, Monkey Do's!

2 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic! I've only ever tried a spun sugar manicure once before, and it was bad. I might have to give it another attempt though, I really like yours! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It really is a matter of patience, patience, patience. You have to wait until that polish is really *stringy* before putting it on your nail. Rushing it is what makes the gloops. ^_^

      Delete