Thursday, September 5, 2013

Autumn Swirled French Tips

My friend V's hands are gracing my blog again today. I did these nails for her last week when she was over watching So You Think You Can Dance with me. It's our summer ritual - she's here every week and we watch "the dance show" together. It is THE dance show for us. :) But you're here to see pretty pictures of manicures...


She started with a base of NYC Carrie'd Away. It's the perfect nude color for my nails, however, it's clearly not the right shade of pink to be completely nude on hers, but it did the job for this manicure. I used the needle marbling technique for these, which means I put down little blobs of each color and then used a pointed tool (in this case, my smallest dotting tool which comes to a point without an actual "dot" at the end) to swirl the colors together before they dry. Mixed in here are China Glaze Cranberry Splash, Harvest Moon, Riveting, and Barielle's Aura Angora, the last which was also used to make the line between the french tips and the base color.



1 comment: