Thursday, April 19, 2012

Graduated Greens

I've mentioned in the last few posts that I haven't felt very creative this last week. After my matte & glitter mani chipped (as mattes are wont to do quite quickly) I just painted my nails with China Glaze Mahogany Magic and a couple coats of Windestine's Rainforest.


She's out of stock on this color right now. No clue if she plans to make more once the current lacquer base shortage clears up, but you should check out her shop anyway for all her other awesome colors.

I was bored and didn't do any nail art, but it made for a beautiful manicure. When I started to get some tip wear, I added a gradient of dots in other shades of green, leading up to black sparkly tips.


Leaving the base of my nails as it was, with the Mahogany Magic and Rainforest, I took a medium-sized dotting tool and dotted across with Sinful Colors Call You Later. That row isn't clearly defined, as the polish is a clear base with cool green and yellow glitters, but if you click on the picture to blow it up, you can see how it adds extra sparkle and hints of yellow from the gold glitter, in between the bottom color and the first solid green.


After that is a row of Nubar Reclaim dots, then Nubar Greener, and topped off with a final row of dots in China Glaze Smoke and Ashes, and then I wrapped the tips with it since the row of dots didn't completely cover the end.


So yeah, still wasn't feeling very creative, though I think it's picking up. We'll see what shows up on my nails in the next few days... ^_^

2 comments:

  1. Despite the lack of creativity you feel you still pulled off a really cool looking manicure - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the green color here. Right now I'm wishing my nails were a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete