Monday, April 16, 2012

Sometimes Ya Gotta Simplify

I had a busy week last week, and I was tired and cranky by the weekend. Thankfully I had a lazy, relaxing weekend to sleep it off! However, Sunday night I was no closer to creativity than I had been on Friday, but hey, my nails needed to be done, whether I was interested in it or not. So I decided to go simple. Simple is good. I picked one of my two (count them, TWO!) matte polishes (yes, I really really need to pick up a matte topcoat one of these days, but I'm honestly not a polish-aholic and I don't buy a whole lot of nail polish when I don't generally have a lot of spending money - my tax refund splurging this spring notwithstanding!) and then spent a few minutes hemming and hawing over which glitter I reaaaaally wanted to use (I've got so many pretties now!) and finally decided on one of my new Indie polishes I recently bought. The result? A really difficult manicure to photograph, actually. ^_^


The base color is China Glaze Stone Cold, from the Capitol Colors Collection. The glitter is Endangered "Blue"Loons from Windestine. Click that link to check out her Etsy shop - she's got a lot of great glitters to choose from. (I'm lemming Into the Wild, myself.)

I took several pictures outside at lunch today, taking advantage of the sunlight. These pictures just don't really show the prettiness, in my opinion, but I'm not an artist, and I can't really put into words what's missing, so I'm just going to show you several of the pictures. Enjoy!






7 comments:

  1. what an unusual glitter! are those large glassy flakes? very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not flakes, though Windestine could tell you better, since she made it (http://www.etsy.com/shop/windestine). Her etsy shop description of it lists "fine metallic glitter, metallic hexagon glitter, blue hexagon glitter, and holographic diamond glitter." It's the blue hexagons and holo diamonds that are catching the light so awesomely in these pics, and the diamonds really flash. I've also got Star Light, Star Bright, and Rainforest from her shop. I've swatched them (they're all gorgeous!) but I haven't used them in a full mani yet.

      She's got soooo many that I really want. Into the Wild, Asbestos, JEWELED SAND is soooo pretty for a brown lover. *sigh* Pumpkin and Spica are also on my list...and Pansies... Yeah, I love her glitter brain. ^_^

      Delete
  2. I think the two look great together and the way that glitter catches the light in a couple shots, wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I know, I just kept wiggling my fingers every time I was outside for *anything* yesterday. (Matte polish being what it is, it chipped enough that it is getting removed as I type.) Those blue hexagons shine so pretty, and of course the holographic diamonds just explode in the sunshine!

      Delete
  3. Thanks! :) That actually means more coming from other nail people than it does from my co-workers. I mean, that mani took me a half-hour once I started polishing? When I showed it to my co-worker and said, "I was tired and just wanted something simple," she looked at me and said, "Simple?! Yeah, right!" Umm...yeah, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I think when I clicked on your profile, I could your LJ instead of this blog!

    I see why you choose to share more pictures. The manicure seemed dull from the first one. But it's so gorgeous. Reminds me of diamonds in a mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Odd. Can I ask where you're clicking to get to my profile? Since as far as I can find, I haven't set one up on blogspot...if I click on my name in a comment or at the bottom of a post, it takes me to my Google+ page, which makes sense when you think about it. It saves me the trouble of having to fill out yet another "who I am" post, anyway. :) Both my Google+ and Facebook profiles contain links to my LJ, though, since I have a full page of "who am I?" there and I didn't want to have to say it all again. ^_^

    And yeah, it was a very understated mani, but I loved all the colors those holographic diamonds kept popping out every time I wiggled my fingers!

    ReplyDelete