Friday, April 5, 2013

The Cult of Plastic Wrap

March was my month to receive from my nail exchange buddies, and as anyone who knows me can tell you, I do not have many untried polishes in my stash. Ever. Because those brand-new polishes sit on my desk rather than getting put away on the shelf until they go on my fingers. ^_^ So when I received a package that contained my very first Cult Nails polishes? All four (three colors and a quick-dry top coat) went onto my nails that very evening!


I started with two coats of Let Me Fly on all my nails except the ring fingers. I used Scandalous on those. And then I cut up a strip of plastic wrap so I had ten little squares ready to go. One finger at a time, I put a generous layer of My Kind of Cool Aid on a nail, balled up a piece of plastic wrap, and daubed it on the wet nail. I have had a hard time getting this all-over texture from plastic wrap before, but I think I've finally got the hang of it! Also, I have to comment on this quick-dry top coat. I have two other top coats that are considered quick-dry: Seche Vite and one from Sinful Colors. However, I have to say, this is the FIRST top coat where I can actually feel it causing evaporation! Seriously, it makes the tips of my fingers feel cold for a minute! I still love my Seche Vite because I love the shine and the thick, lacquer-like feel of it. But lately I've started using the Cult Nails top coat first, and then topping it with my SV for the final look.


My exchange buddies also know that I like weird patterned socks. It's kind of my thing - I actually do wear these puppies to work, whether I'm wearing boots or shoes where the socks show. I love being quirky! So far every package I've got from my exchangers, that didn't get shipped straight from the polish company, has contained cool socks! See my cool socks?


More pretty nail pics, and I'll shut up now! :)


1 comment:

  1. I have nominated your blog for an award :)
    Please see all the details here:
    http://pimpedoutnails.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/nomination-for-best-blog-award.html

    You Rock!!!

    K

    ReplyDelete