Thursday, April 18, 2013

April Tri-Polish Challenge: Day 2 - Watercolor

Here we are at my second installment for my newest challenge addition - the Tri-Polish Challenge from Crumpet's Nail Tarts! As I mentioned last post, April's colors are pink, turquoise, and orange, and the polishes I chose to use for these colors are Sinful Colors Orange Cream, China Glaze For Audrey, and Wet n Wild Sunny Side Up. I chose to use the watercolor technique for this manicure, and it came out even better than I had hoped!


If you're not familiar with the technique, what you do is start with a base of white nails (I used my normal Milani Whitest White) and seal it in with a topcoat. Then you take your polish and put tiny dots, spaced out, on your nails, then dip a brush in acetone and blot it on the polish dot. This thins out the polish and lets it spread out like watercolor paint. The end result, with this combination of polishes, is this lovely pastel fusion which reminds me of a close-up of flowers in a Monet painting. :)


As is usual for me, being the night owl that I am and working office hours, I tend to do my nails late in the evening. Imagine my surprise when I got up the next morning and realized...I'd skipped over one nail when painting one of the colors! Check out this right hand - one of these nails is not like the other! :)



Let's see what everyone else did with their three colors today...

1 comment:

  1. It's pretty, but it looks like melted ice cream to me. :)

    ReplyDelete