Monday, April 22, 2013

MSMD -AND- Weekly Challenge Theme

As the subject line suggests, I'm doing double duty with today's post. This is both a Monkey See, Monkey Do Monday, and it also follows this week's theme for the 52-week challenge I'm following.

I got the idea when I saw this post from Marie's Manicure Madhouse, which in her case was inspired by clothing, but I saw both cobblestones and scaly skin in it, as well. Whichever way you look at it, it's a gorgeous manicure:


This week's 52-week challenge theme is "animal print", so I combined that mani inspiration with this snakeskin print...


...and this is the manicure that came out of it!


The base color is Maybelline Color Show Twilight Rays, and the snakeskin print used OPI Wooden Shoe Like to Know? and China Glaze Kalahari Kiss.




Let me know what you think of my monkey-see-monkey-do snakeskin, and check out these other entries into today's MSMD Monday!


2 comments:

  1. I love this! Did you freehand the pattern or is it a stamp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I've never had someone ask me that before! It's freehand. I don't have a stamping set. But that's the cool thing about the snakeskin - it doesn't have to be regular! :) I just painted in the little diamonds and I was able to touch up with more Twilight Rays if I got them too close.

      Delete