Monday, March 5, 2012

From the File Drawer - Feb. 5 Glitter & Dots

It's backdating time again, though I think I only have a few more catch-up manicures to do and then it'll be all current. So back on February 5, I decided to use my first glitter polish, NYC Starry Silver Glitter. It's a clear polish with blue, pink, and silver medium-sized hex glitter, along with a lot of tiny glitter of varying colors. I admit I haven't studied it to determine whether all the small glitter is the same three colors or not. ^_^ If I were at home while writing this, I'd probably pull it out and spend ten minutes looking right now. But I'm not, so you'll have to either suffer or look up someone else's review of it! :) I know, I'm mean like that. But I can show you what it looked like on my fingers!




That's a base of the most awesome rich blue polish I own, China Glaze Frostbite (I don't even have to look that one up to see what I used!) with a coat of NYC Starry Silver Glitter over the top. On the accent nail, I attempted a freehand french tip, though it came out rather thicker than I intended, out of Sally Hansen Celeb City, and then I made dots of the closest approximation of the glitter colors I could come up with, using Celeb City again, Pure Ice Splash, and Sally Hansen Inventive Frost.




Inventive Frost is one of the polishes I've had for yeeeeaaaars and since I hardly ever wear pink, it's still around. And it's still in useful condition! I've had polishes I had to throw away when I started going through what I had, because they were so thick I couldn't use them (and I hadn't learned about thinner yet, which I still haven't bought) but this polish just takes a licking and keeps on ticking! 

Here are a few closer shots of the pretty blue with sparkles, and then I'll let you go enjoy somebody else's fingertips. I'll probably post a listing for current giveaways this evening or tomorrow, so you'll have that to look forward to!  :)

With flash:
And without, in some nice indirect sunlight:

No comments:

Post a Comment