Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Golden Rays and Lubu Heels

I came home the other day to a package in the mail. New polish! Woot! I love getting packages from my exchange group, and I love using new polishes in manicures! I received three Joe Fresh polishes (my first!) and three China Glazes, and the first one I put on my nails is my brand new China Glaze Lubu Heels. Soo pretty but so hard to photograph the rich red shimmer! You can expect to see all my new polishes over the next few weeks, as I don't put polishes into my polish shelf until after I've used them once. :)


On my thumbs and ring fingers I started with one coat of Sinful Colors Unicorn, topped by a coat of Sinful Colors This Is It. The rest of the fingers got two coats of Lubu Heels, and a coat of Seche Vite topped them all off. Then I used striping tape on the accent fingers and added a thick coat of Lubu Heels before removing the tape to reveal crisp gold rays. Some rhinestone accents in contrasting colors and it was ready to go.


Lubu Heels has been on my wishlist for a while now. I love the rich deep color. This is one of those manicures where I keep stopping what I'm doing and wiggling my fingers around just to look at the beautiful shimmer and sparkle on my nails!



2 comments:

  1. Great manicure! Love how dark it is and then you added that yellow gold color to the design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Just wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Liebster Award!

    http://thepolishplayground.blogspot.ca/2013/05/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete