Friday, May 3, 2013

52-Week Challenge: 4/29 - Inspired by Food

Strawberries! Let's face it - I don't really get inspired by food. No matter how many artists have been moved to paint still life portraits of bowls of fruit, that isn't me. So I typed 'food nail art' into google, clicked 'images', and browsed. Still really not inspired, but I think the strawberries are cute, so strawberries it is! :)


I started with a base of my brand new white, Sinful Shine Wisp. I used Color Club Take Me To Your Chateau and sponged some on the top half of the nail, because I didn't want that stark white as contrast. The base color for the strawberries is Sinful Shine Devious, and then I used China Glaze Adventure Red-Y and Solar Power for the seeds; OPI Jade is the New Black and China Glaze Tree Hugger made the stems.


I was told this morning that they're "cute" and one person said they looked tasty! To which I replied, "No nibblin' on the nails!"

 

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the strawberry manicure! Its look so realistic! Definitely tasty looking, lol.

    ReplyDelete