Saturday, May 25, 2013

52-Week Challenge: 5/20 - Pastel

This week's theme from the 52-week challenge I've been (mostly) following is pastel. So I used a pale pink, a baby blue, a light green, and white to make this pretty floral panorama on my nails.


I started with a base of two coats of Nailtiques St. Croix, though these pictures make it look kind of lavendar rather than the milky pink it really is. I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White to brush a broad french tip on each nail, and then Avon Vintage Blue and a detail brush made up flowers of various sizes. I used more Snow Me White to draw in the details on the flowers (and in a few cases, blue again and white again on top of that), and then China Glaze Tree Hugger to draw in the vines and occasional leaf.


My nails are just about the only part of me that gets much of a chance to be delicate or girly, since I've been a tomboy since I was old enough to climb trees. I don't really care for lace, hardly wear the jewelry I own, and I couldn't keep a flowering plant alive to save my own life, so I have to make do with flowers on my fingers!



1 comment: