Monday, March 25, 2013

52-Week Challenge 3/18: Inspired by a Tutorial

Here's my last belated 52-week challenge post, for the week of 3/18. (Or at least the last one sitting in my box as of March 20th! I doubt I'll manage to consistently post promptly from this point on. Anyway, the week of March 18 has a challenge theme of "Inspired by a Tutorial", so after browsing through my Pinterest Nail Art board, I picked Wacky Laki's tutorial on freehand flowers:


Aren't they just gorgeous? I must say, I think a far better recreation job with this manicure than I have when imitating other people's nail art in the past!


Two of the polishes used had literally just come in the post the day I did this manicure. March is my month to receive polishes from my exchange group, so posts for the next month or so are likely to showcase new polishes each time. For this one, I started with a base of two coats Above the Curve - Caty Perriwinkle. It's a beautiful dusty lavender, or perriwinkle to be specific, with a holographic shimmer that doesn't show well in this manicure and in fact isn't obvious in the bottle, but it was a lovely surprise when I swatched it! It's a lighter color than these pictures show, with more gray and a lot less blue in the color than comes across. When I used flash, it came out pale lavender, and when I didn't use flash, it shows darker and more blue. This is the best I could do with my camera and lighting set up (I tried both indoor and out shots.)


I used my standard Milani Whitest White for the stripes (two coats for smooth opacity without brushstrokes) and after that was dry, dotting tools and a detail brush produced the flowers with the base outline color being my new bottle of Above the Curve Wisteria, topped with Whitest White on the small flowers and China Glaze Agent Lavender for the slightly larger ones, with center dots of first Sally Girl Banana and then Sinful Colors All About You.




2 comments:

  1. Just stopping by to say that this is really fantastic. I'm scrolling through blogs and I felt the need to really stop and comment on these.

    7% Solution​

    ReplyDelete