Friday, March 29, 2013

52-Week Challenge: 3/25 - Stripes

I'm still plugging along on my appropriation of the 52-week challenge on reddit.lacqueristas. I don't read or post on reddit, because the format confuses the heck out of me, but I do browse it on occasion. And since they were the only place I could find a current weekly nail art challenge going, I grabbed their themes for the rest of the year.

This week's theme, as is obvious from the subject line, is stripes! I considered a variety of interpretations to use, but while browsing the pictures I have saved on my Nail Art board on Pinterest, I chose a manicure that I cannot for the life of me FIND now in order to give credit where it's due! If you recognize this design (the original had a much smoother curve where the colors began, and it was in blue) please let me know where I got it, so I can credit their design.


I originally wanted to do this in purple, but turns out my purple spectrum is a little lacking - trying to get a light to dark range of five colors was impossible because some of them were too red and some too blue to look right. So I decided to go with green, instead, since green and brown are the LARGEST color selections in my stash! ^_^

I started with a base color of China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint, and after taping off the correct sections, I added Sinful Colors Mint Apple, NYC Big Money Frost, Nubar Reclaim, and finally Sinful Colors San Francisco. I haven't been able to get pictures outside in the sunshine lately, but the real color on this is somewhere in between these two pictures:


I'm pretty happy with the way they came out, even if they aren't your stereotypical stripes.



2 comments: