Friday, November 30, 2012

Missed Week 41 - Patchwork Mani

I skipped a few weeks here and there on the Year's Challenge that I'm going through, and one of those was the week of October 7, because I was participating in a Halloween nail art challenge that took up most of my mani time. That week's theme was patchwork, which didn't fit into the Halloween themes that were scheduled that week. I still wanted to do it, though, so here's my catch-up mani!


I started with a base of one coat of Sinful Colors Snow Me White. If any of that white were going to show up on the manicure, I would have done two coats, because one coat is opaque, but streaky. I just needed it for a bright white canvas, though, so the lighter colors I was going to use wouldn't be sheer, so the streakiness wasn't an issue and I didn't bother with a second coat.

I copied the pattern of patches off of Red Hair and Black Nail Polish, as you can see here:


I wanted to use four colors rather than three, though, so I had to plan out the variations of which color would be used where. The four I chose were China Glaze Man Hunt, Agent Lavender, Sex on the Beach, and Zoya Karina. I used China Glaze Liquid Leather for the lines. In fact, I need to buy another bottle of that because it's been my go-to black since I started nail art almost a year ago!

No matter what I tried, with flash or without, indoors or in sunlight, capturing the color correctly on this manicure was really difficult! Either the lavender was so washed out it looked almost off-white, or the dark blue was too dark to appreciate the beautiful depths of blueness that Man Hunt has! So I offer you a variety of pictures. I can honestly say that whichever picture you think shows the brightness, most vivid version of each individual color? That's the color it really is using human eyes.





No comments:

Post a Comment