Thursday, November 22, 2012

Week 47 - Thanksgiving Day

For Thanksgiving nails, I had the idea to use water marbling to make a turkey tail. It didn't come out how my brain imagined it, but it still came out pretty cute, I think. I think I'm going to do some throw-away water marbling on a swatch stick just to practice and see if I *can* make the design I was trying for.

Anyway, most of my nails have two coats of Finger Paints Putty In My Hands topped with one coat of Pure Ice Gold Mist. My accent fingers have a base of Sally Hansen White On, and the water marbling was done
China Glaze Desert Sun, Call of the Wild, Brownstone, and Kalahari Kiss. I tried using OPI Suzi Loves Cowboys and Finger Paints Don't Make a Scene, but the Finger Paints wouldn't spread in the water at all, and while the OPI spread very nicely, NO nail polish dropped in after it would spread. At all. So I gave up and stuck with my stand-by of China Glaze which always spreads perfectly for water marbling (assuming my air conditioning is turned off and there's no breeze cooling down the water...and didn't that take me a while to diagnose what was causing it!)

With no further delay, my turkey nails!



No comments:

Post a Comment