Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Autumn Leaves

Starting with a base of Finger Paints Don't Make a Scene, I used several different colors to make fall leaves. China Glaze Adventure Red-Y, Salsa, and Solar Power were used, as well as just a bit of Sally Hansen Cardinal. I don't have a lot of orange cremes, it turns out, so I tried mixing Solar Power with the reds to make some oranges, but I didn't get any really orange ones. Just sort of orange-ish-shaded red. I used OPI Suzy Loves Cowboys to make the stems, though I dipped my brush in the different colors to keep the stems from being just a straight brown. It worked to varying degrees. It's not the best work I've ever done, but it still came out pretty!


What really made me laugh, though, was when a co-worker asked me, "How do you get those so perfect?!" I couldn't help it. I laughed out loud. Not only are these not perfect, as you all can see on the big photos, but these are half-hour nails, done in the morning because I was too lazy to do them the night before, but then didn't want to go to work with naked nails. Heh. Perfect. ::giggle::





No comments:

Post a Comment