Thursday, January 30, 2014

Acutely Angled Rainbows

This one is a personal nail fail, though it came out looking kind of cute. It was a fail because it wasn't the way I wanted it to look when I designed it in my head. This is an example of why I tell people that I'm not creative. I'm good at implementation, not design, which is why so many of my best manicures are copied from other people's creations.


I started with a base of Sinful Colors Cinderella, and then I just drew triangles in the following rainbow of colors: Sinful Shine Devious, Wet N Wild The Clock Strikes Orange, China Glaze Solar Power, OPI Jade is the New Black, Sinful Shine Break Away, and Wet N Wild Who is Ultra Violet? I started with a different color on each nail, so that they layered differently; for example, on some nails the last triangles added were red, while on another nail the top layer of triangles is orange, or yellow.


I think I might try this one again at some point, but instead of doing two triangles of each color, only do one. I think it just came out too busy. And I didn't get the triangle lines as crisp and precise as I would have liked. Ah, well, no one is perfect, and definitely not me!





2 comments: