Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Black White and Red All Over


I have nothing interesting to say about the planning of this manicure, so I thought I'd start with the picture first this time. When I sat down to do my nails, I had nothing in mind, though I did feel like using red, and I wanted something with good contrast. So I scanned through my pinterest page for inspiration, and came across this lovely by Raggio di Luna:


I can never match her crisp, tiny lines and fine detail, but I do my best and I'm pretty happy with my own results, as they're some of my personal best work to date.


The base polish is Sinful Colors Beau Brique, and the white and black on tap today were Sinful Shine Wisp and Dark Room. I do need to be more careful when painting the base color when I'm using red, as it's impossible to clean up without the cuticles looking red anyway, and I'm annoyed that while the top coat did not cause streaks across my nail art, the red still bled through the white. Next time maybe I'll do a few more layers of the white before topcoating it. I so seldom use red as a base color, since I'm not particularly fond of it, that I forget these tricks!




2 comments: