Saturday, January 4, 2014

Follow the...Pink...Brick Road?

This was the first manicure I did after all of the winter Yule/Christmas celebrations. I was a little tired of reds and greens (though I really was loathe to take those beautiful poinsettias off until they started chipping!) and I got a few polishes for Christmas as stocking stuffers (some I bought for myself, and some my BFF put in there to surprise me) so of course I have to use them! Untrieds do not stay that way for long at my desk.


V gave me my first Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure polish, in I Lilac You, and that's the base of this manicure. Funny enough, I also have a Rimmel London polish by the same name! I know it's touted as not needing any base coat or top coat, but I just can't bring myself to go there, so base coat definitely went on under this. The other two polishes she snuck in my stocking were Sinful Colors Bali Mist and Pinky Glitter. I added my own stocking stuffer of Broadway O! Jessica and used Sinful Shine Dark Room for the brick outlines.


Bali Mist is sheer enough that the bricks that look purple are a thin coat of Bali Mist over O! Jessica. I also put Pinky Glitter over some O! Jessica bricks and some Bali Mist bricks, giving me a total of five "colors" for the bricks.


As always, I like to show pictures of my right hand as well, to show that yes, it does look a bit worse than my left hand, but with practice, you can get decent looking nail art on your dominant hand, too! You just have to go a fair bit slower on that hand...not that I always practice what I preach, of course. :P


I had to add a blurry picture to show how gorgeous the Pinky Glitter looks over the O! Jessica! Isn't that gorgeous?


No comments:

Post a Comment