Thursday, August 1, 2013

Mossy Jasper Nails

I really can't leave a new nail polish sitting untried on my desk for very long. They caaaallll to me! So I was lazy one day, but I wanted to show off the gorgeousness that was my new Zoya Logan. I also had the idea that I wanted to do a gemstone manicure, and after browsing around different types of gemstones, I wanted to see if I could do a rendition of moss jasper, and this is what I ended up with.


I started with a base of Avon Absinthe, and after that was fully dried I put on a thick coat of Zoya Logan, and used plastic wrap to sponge some of the color back off.


Here are a few pictures I found googling "moss jasper" or "moss agate" to give you an idea of the look I was going for, so you can decide if I nailed it or not!


And now for the picture spam!









2 comments:

  1. Looks just like it! Really like how this turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So many times I do nail art and it's pretty, but not quite what I had imagined, so when it's one like this that came out just exactly what I wanted, I'm really excited about it! :)

      Delete