Monday, August 12, 2013

Cupcake Mania!

My 9-year-old wanted her nails done the other night, so knowing some of her favorite things, I showed her a nail art I'd pinned recently that was just up her alley - cupcakes! Bedizzle was swatching some glitter indie polishes and had a pink one that made her think of sweet things, so she drew cupcakes on top of it so that the glitter looked like the frosting on the cupcakes. B loved it, so we did our best to do the same. Admittedly, I had much smaller canvases to work with!


I apologize for the quality of the pictures - it was excessively humid and I had to wipe off the camera lens after every shot, but as it was fogging up in a matter of seconds, very few of the pictures came out without some level of fog to them.

We started with a base of Pure Ice Home Run, and added a nice layer of Girly Bits Hippity Hop to the top of it. I have no idea which polishes were used in the creation of the cupcakes (other than the black was China Glaze Liquid Leather) as B just gathered a handful of polishes and said, "Use these!" On a whim, I put ice cream cones on the pinkies rather than cupcakes, but B liked them.




And here's our inspiration!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks! B doesn't ask me to do her nails very often...which is a good thing as it's so *frustrating* trying to draw on those little bitty things! But she liked them well enough that she *didn't* chew on her nails and the mani lasted two days until a few of them popped off in the bathtub, so that's a win!

    ReplyDelete