Wednesday, February 20, 2013

52-Week Challenge: French Manicure

It's been less than two months without one and I've already come to the conclusion that I much prefer having a weekly challenge to prod my manicure designing. However, searching on the internet produces only the 52-week challenge on reddit.lacqueristas. Not that there's anything wrong with their challenge, mind you, except that it starts the first week of October, which means they're over a third finished with theirs. So I decided to just take their weekly themes, start the calendar over this week, and tack the ones I've missed onto the end. So my own personal 52-week challenge starts this week, at week one, but my week one matches R.L's week twenty-one. :)

So this week's theme (1 or 21) is French Manicure. Generally I don't like French's, so this definitely was a challenge for me to come up with something I'd enjoy looking at. Also, I actually don't have any polishes that qualify as 'nude' on my skin. I have a few that are close, but if I get them opaque, they're clearly not. I chose to use a single coat of China Glaze Innocence which comes out sheer enough, but if I had any staining going on right now, it wouldn't have worked. I guess I need to find a good nude, don't I?


The tips are China Glaze Midtown Magic, though the difference between it and black is hard to see in some of these photographs, because the sun was playing peek-a-boo when I took the pictures. This is the best I came up with, I think, in showing the rich gold microglitter in this baby. It looked sooo much better to the naked eye, especially in the sunshine! It's a good thing I'm not trying to do a swatching blog. ;)


There's not much more to say about this manicure. The longest part, of course, was laying down those rows of silver microbeads! I wish I'd done a better job of it, but I'm impatient. :P More pictures below...









No comments:

Post a Comment