Thursday, January 3, 2013

Week 51 - Red - So late!

I took a few weeks off from blogging for the holidays! It wasn't entirely intentional...or at least not planned, anyway. I work at a University, which closes completely between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day, and I spent that time at home and hardly even looking at the internet. I only checked Facebook enough to keep up with my out-of-state family and didn't even read nail blogs at all! Wow. I did, however, actually do my nails and take pictures. I just didn't post about them.

So here's the belated post for week 51 of The Year's Challenge, which was Red.


I used Sally Hansen White On and Cardinal for these candy cane stripes. I was not really happy about this manicure, though, but I wasn't annoyed enough by it to take it off and try again! My free-hand stripes leave much to be desired, but I was too lazy (holidays!!) to use the amount of layers and tape that would be required to tape off these very thin stripes.

I was also annoyed that despite waiting almost an hour after painting the stripes, the top coat still blurred the red into the white. While I like the Sally Hansen colors - which is why they're still in my stash - I'm really not fond of the formula of their polishes. At least not the lower priced ones. 

So, I hope you all had wonderful holidays - whether you celebrate the Solstice like I did, Christmas, Hannukah or Kwanzaa, I wish you all joy in your relationship to whatever you hold holy, and I hope you all have a wonderful new year. You can expect to see two to three posts a week from me until all my backlog is posted, I imagine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment