Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Gilded Chateau

Even the most enjoyable of a hobby becomes a pain from time to time. There are days when you know what? I really don't feel like doing my nails. But now everybody at work knows me for my nail art, I would feel...decidedly odd going to work with naked nails, or even a plain manicure. So this is what happens when you really don't feel like thinking much about your manicure. And yet, oddly enough, it frequently happens that I get more compliments on the designs I spent the least amount of time or thinking on.


I started with a base of Color Club Take Me to Your Chateau, and added two coats of BlackHeart Royally Screwed on my accent nails. I then drew little designs with a detail brush and Sally Hansen Gilded Pearl Chrome. I drew over the arcs and circles with Sinful Colors All About You, while leaving the side dots or swirls alone. It's a subtle difference that doesn't really show up well in the pictures, but I liked it.






No comments:

Post a Comment