Friday, August 24, 2012

Glittered Glass


Isn't that pretty?! I'm really happy with this manicure! I have a hard time creating light, summery manis, because I love fall colors. I have to specifically tell myself to purchase light colored polishes, because they're never what catches my eye or calls to me or makes me go, "Ooooh pretty!"

There are ten polishes on here, not counting base and top coat, but please don't ask me to tell you which is which! I started with two coats of China Glaze Innocence for a base color (and I did leave it open in spots) and then used a detail brush to draw random swooshes in the following polishes: China Glaze Dress Me Up, Sunset Sail, Agent Lavender, Reggae to Riches, and Sex on the Beach, along with Avon Ruby Slipper, an unnamed pink shimmery mini from Lisa Frank, and I topped a few of the swooshes with Zoya Chloe. Then I used China Glaze I'm Not Lion to outline all the different colors as well as outline a frame around the whole nail.

Mr. IJAH said that it looks like I used the pattern from a 1960's shirt, which I'm totally okay with, even if he meant it as an insulting tease. (We pick on each other that way allll the time. :)

On a side note, I love that I've only had a single nail break in months, even though I've run out of the Haken Nail Magic strengthener base coat that I used to get them to grow like this, and that nubbin on my right-hand middle finger broke off when the damage from the previous base coat finally grew out to the end of my nail bed. I'll be buying another bottle of the strengthening base coat when I can (my Sally's was out of it when I was last there), but in the meantime I'm using their regular Nail Hardener base coat (the pink one) and it's certainly not hurting my nails.


I just loved the pretty, sparkly, swirly nature of this manicure, and I couldn't narrow my choices of pictures down to just a few, so I'll at least put a cut-tag before spamming you with pictures. Feel free to click-through for sparkly goodness! :)










1 comment:

  1. I love the glitter!
    i ahve nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award, here:
    http://meganails.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/versatile-blogger-award.html
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete