Thursday, October 31, 2013

Creepy Claws

For my last Halloween post of the season, you get the only "scary" type of manicure I did this year. My six-year-old son, J, is dressed as a werewolf for trick-or-treating tonight. I was all about the bargain hunting for costumes this year (I pieced together B's Equestria Girls Fluttershy costume from eBay and thrift stores!) so while we found a really great werewolf costume from Wally World for just 15 bucks, it did not come with claw gloves. The cheapest gloves I could find anywhere would have been 20, which doubled the cost of the costume. I didn't feel like going there. So instead, I bought a pair of 5-dollar gloves, cut the tips off of ten swatch sticks, and let the nail artist go wild.


I just tried to make the nails look like animal claws, and then J decided he wanted blood on them. I thought blood on *all* the nails would be excessive, so I put blood on the index and middle fingers, with some splatter on the thumbnails.


I used probably five or six different polishes to make these claws, and I can't remember which ones they were. Sorry about that. But the blood was done with Sinful Colors Beau Brique.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment