Thursday, September 27, 2012

Week 39 - Dry Marble

Some days I'm a babble-ball, and some days I'm not. This is one of those 'not' days. It's a good thing you're here for the pretty pictures rather than my writing, eh?

This week's theme for A Year's Challenge is Dry Marble (also known as needle marble)! I felt like fall, and tried to pick some red/orange/yellow-ish colors. It ended up looking more like I dipped my fingers in blood than fall leaves, but as long as it's pretty, it works. :)

I started with two coats of Pure Ice Gold Mist, and then dotted on globs of China Glaze Adventure Red-y, Ruby Pumps, Kalahari Kiss, and Coral Star. I then used a fine dotting tool (feel free to grab a toothpick or needle if you don't have a dotting tool that comes to a point sitting handily at your workspace) and went to swirl-town. Short french-style tips, though I didn't tape and let the swirls make the "french" line wobbly as it pleased, and full-finger on the thumb and ring accents.



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete