Monday, July 8, 2013

Lavender Mardi Gras

I completely spaced on posting over the holiday last week (I had a four-day weekend for myself!) so you will get my Independence Day manicure as an archive post when I get to it. Haha! See that, keeping my pretties as ransom - you have to stick around if you want to see my red, white, and blue!

In the meantime, here's one of the manicures I did during my anti-social, non-posting period last month. I may have mentioned before that new, untried polishes don't remain untried in my stash for long? I don't put them on the shelf with the rest of the polishes until I've used them at least once, in fact, which keeps them fresh in my mind when I'm planning the next thing to put on my nails. This is the first time I used Revlon French Mix Moonstruck, and it came out beautifully!


Isn't that gorgeous? I had no plan in mind when I started this, other than just to highlight this gorgeous set of polishes. Obviously I used the lavender half as a base on all of my nails, then I used the glitter half of Moonstruck on my middle and ring fingers. All the other polishes used are China Glaze: I added flared stripes of Black Diamond and some dots around the base of the stripes on all of my nails, along with Ruby Pumps on the accent nails, and then added stripes and some dots of I'm Not Lion on all of them for that added sparkle.


I really had nothing in particular in mind when painting these flourishes, but more than one person who saw them said they reminded them of Mardi Gras, so that's where the title for the post came from. All I cared about was that they were pretty!





2 comments: