Friday, July 12, 2013

Framed Dragon

My most recent package from my polish exchange group actually made me squeal OUT LOUD when I opened up one of the polishes. This has been on my wishlist for nearly as long as I've had one, really. From one of the first indie polish makers (I didn't even realize they were an independent polish maker when I first got into nail art!), I received A-England's Dragon. I really did make my entire family laugh at me because I was opening up each of these pretty polishes in their little bubble wrap bags, and I opened this one up and my first thought was, "Oh, that's pretty!" and then I turned the bottle and realized it was A-England...I checked the label and squealed. Fairly loudly, I'm sure. And then I was jumping up and down like a six-year-old (I have one, so I know whereof I speak!) yelling, "I got DRAGON! I got DRAGON!!" And you know what? It didn't disappoint. In the slightest.


My photography skills just don't live up to the glorious beauty of this polish, so I have to share a picture from The Swatcoholic:


It really is this glorious in real life, especially in sunlight. I tried, but could not capture the beautiful shimmer or the holographic glimmers that made me wiggle my nails off and on all day just to see the sparkles.

I added some swirls with OPI Live and Let Die, and highlighted it with swirls and dots of Sally Hansen Celeb City, and my thumbnails used just dots down the center as accent nails.


Raggio di Luna's manicure here was the inspiration for the design, but I just looked through my Nail Art board on Pinterest to find a design that I could use to highlight Dragon in all its fiendishness.



1 comment: