Monday, December 10, 2012

Mint Stripes

I have no idea what brought this idea on, but it was a great manicure. Simple and beautiful at the same time, and I got a lot of compliments on it. I was pretty happy with the way it came out. Two polishes were used: Avon Jade and China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint. Most of the nails have a base color of two coats of Re-Fresh Mint, while the accent nails started with the Avon Jade.


I laid down two lines of striping tape and painted between them with the alternate color. I topcoated then to make sure I wouldn't mess up the original coloring. Once that was dry, I put down a line of non-quick-dry top coat along the accent color line, sprinkled a little glitter, and then set rhinestones along the line in alternating color patterns.


It was a spur-of-the-moment manicure, but it came out pretty darned great, I think! Though I do apologize for not getting pictures before tip-wear had set in. I was hoping for sunshine pictures, but the sun decided to hide that day and I waited for the next...but the sun didn't come out then, either, so I took pictures in my office before the wear got even worse!




No comments:

Post a Comment